Jr. Statesman - a "first"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I don't think this has been done before.

The red cross in the alternative ivory is "Pen potion #9", as is the black body and, no, the pattern does NOT go through to the other side.

20071027193725_Cross%20on%20blackjrstatnet.jpg

The 1.5" square pictures on the camera looked pretty good. So, ten miles later, I looked at them here at the office and they "ain't so great". But, I'm here to share the pen with you, so here it is.

Monday I will post pics on a lighter background, so I can show the details of the cross - it is "ivory" not the WHITE that it appears.

Thanks for looking and commenting!!!:D:D:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Well, that certainly stands out[:0], so I guess that makes it outstanding.[:D] Good job, but I'm just not sure about the color scheme.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Wow, Ed, you are more talented than I realized!! I never pictured you as a blank maker, but since you made this one I guess I have to retract all the bad things I have said about you. You da Man!! [:D]

gerryr

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Wow, Ed, you are more talented than I realized!! I never pictured you as a blank maker, but since you made this one I guess I have to retract all the bad things I have said about you. You da Man!! [:D]

I don't think you have to take back any of the bad things you're said about Ed. My money is on a high flying blank maker.[;)]

OKLAHOMAN

Me thinks your right Mr. Rhoades[;)]. Cav, you can now retract your retraction.
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Wow, Ed, you are more talented than I realized!! I never pictured you as a blank maker, but since you made this one I guess I have to retract all the bad things I have said about you. You da Man!! [:D]

I don't think you have to take back any of the bad things you're said about Ed. My money is on a high flying blank maker.[;)]

GaryMGg

I'd guess Ed's tutorial begins with "After obtaining a blank from ..." [;)]
That's a Bird-built blank fer sure and very well done too.
Kinda tough to inlay acrylics w/o gettin' chippy, and there doesn't appear to
be any fillers. That's Sharp!

Mark L. suggested it's similar to St. George's; perhaps in color but it's evident
and no accident that the intersection of horizontal and vertical is unequal.
An archetype cross uses the Golden ratio, and it's more likely that the lower transect is 1.61 longer than the upper and that the upper is equal to each horizontal member.

One day I might be that good but it's a long way off.
Well turned Ed. I'd put that one on a personal display stand and keep it.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well Ed, if that is your work then like Cav, I'm very very impressed.
At first glance I too thought 'Eagle' just like Gary. But then I know he doesn't go for the PR stuff.[?][:D]

If it really is yours, then can I take a guess on how you done it?[:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
20071029212341_crossinboxrednet.jpg

As promised, a better picture.

Yes, the blank is Eagleyezed. Dawn has harassed him for months until he finally "Went polyresin" and made this in the colors I requested. The black and red are Pen Potion #9. The white is alternative ivory. It drilled and turned easily, in my opinion.

If there is interest, I think I could make these available in limited numbers. So, if you would like to make a "cross-inlay" pen in polyresin, e-mail me and I will see what could be arranged.

Thanks for looking!!! TWICE!!![:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mmmmm.... a pen made by my 3 bestest friends and in the whole of the USA [:D]and in the colours of my family crest. ( Honestly )

So just close the lid, put it in a good padded envelope and send it to me......NOW!!!!

Cav, if your tongue was in you cheek, does that mean that you are NOT impressed anymore?[:D][}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"Dumb": Lacking the power of speech. 1.

1) Webster's New World Dictionary

AAAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh, would that Cav had only STAYED that way.[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by workinforwood
<br />You running your crosses on a laser of scroll saw?

Jeff,

The cross blanks are hand-made by Eagle. The cross oval is made on a table-saw (he showed the jig last year) and then inlayed into the black blank.

As I said initially, if you would like information on purchasing this design, send me an e-mail. If there is enough interest, I think he would make a group of a half dozen or so.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />"Dumb": Lacking the power of speech. 1.

1) Webster's New World Dictionary

AAAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh, would that Cav had only STAYED that way.[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

Dumb - often used to precede the word A$$ when describing Wisconsin smart alecs.

Southern Dictionary - All Editions.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You'll have to amend that dictionary, Cav.

I have been known as a
<b><center>
SMART</center></b>

<center>ass</center>

for many years - <b>too late to change now!!</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom