Jr Retro in Rhodium and Navajo.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is a closed end Jr Retro in Rhodium and our newest blank we call Navajo. It is a combination of turquoise, yellow, red, brown and yellow. I tried for a slope toward the tail end and going to a point. Sanded and sanded again through all the colored pads and polished with Novus heavy/light scratch remover. Thanks for looking comments good/bad welcome.
Brian Kort.
Southern Pen Designs.
KnB Pen Blanks

Navajo.jpg

IMG_8667.JPG

IMG_8666.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

IMG_8663.JPG

IMG_8664.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eldee

Wow! That's different. Quite a stunning color combination. Did you consider copper?
I did consider copper but wanted to try and stay with the brown that I saw in many of the pictures I looked at. I could have put tan in there also but there are already 5 colors in there.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I actually meant a copper plated kit. The rhodium probably works better.

gbpens

Nice combination of colors which reflects Navajo designs. The more I look at it the more I like it. It is an interesting contrast to the linear patterns normally seen in native american designs.

Haynie

Be careful

I just PMed Ruby Pen Turning and then decided that the info I sent him should probably be posted here.

The Navajo Tribe has a copyright on their name as do most Tribes and Alaskan Natives. Not sure how it works in Canada. That being said the Navajo Tribe has people who surf the net as part of their job description looking for things being sold that use their name. If by chance they come across something being sold and they decide they don't agree with it, or have a bug up their nose, or that they want a cut of the action you get the cease and desist letter followed by a lawyer bill or usage fee. I found this out while researching an article.

They have gone after photographers, chain stores, and jewelry makers to name a few.

Top Bottom