Jr Retro and M3 Cobaltium Mokume

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Junior Retro with M3 Cobaltium Mokume (Cobaltium Carbonite) blank. Thanks Mike and Linda, for bringing in these beautiful blanks. Initially I was a bit unsure how it would turn, but the Woodchuck Pro made short work out of it down to and including the creation of a Custom Cap Inlay. It turned like butter and it feels good in my hand. Total weight 52.43 Grams!!! THAT AIN'T BAD!!!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

As always, I appreciate suggestions and critique (good or bad). Thanks in Advance!

Attachments

• Cobaltium 1_1280x591.jpg
    Cobaltium 1_1280x591.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 473
  • Cobaltium 2_1280x558.jpg
    Cobaltium 2_1280x558.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Cobaltium 3_1280x790.jpg
    Cobaltium 3_1280x790.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Cobaltium 4_1280x544.jpg
    Cobaltium 4_1280x544.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
AWFUL. absolutely AWFUL. Fortunately for you, I can take it off your hands and even pay for shipping!! :rolleyes:

No, that's absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful job.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
As always Joe, you're on top of your turning game. That's the blank I have and, really like it. Just one thing....I have no custom finial:redface: This is a really nice pen.

IPD_Mrs

I wish I had seen this one in person Dad - you did a FANTASTIC job with the pen. Anyone should be proud to carry that piece! Hope you are putting it in the store - our last one went for a VERY nice price.

BSea

Very Nice Pen. I recently did a retro. Aren't those custom finials fun? They look like marbles imbedded in the top of the pen. Much nicer than the chrome dome that comes stock.

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

I did get to see this one and the attention to detail is really something. I like the way that you got the pattern to line up whether the pen is capped or posted. Very nicely done.

IPD_Mrs

I think you will do a great job on the center bands Dad. It doesn't seem that difficult to me when Mike does one :wink:. Honestly though, I have seen this pattern in you OVER and OVER through the years. You find a hobby that you like, and you just blaze in and KICK BUTT :eek:. You are one of the most talented, creative and capable people I have ever known - and I'm not saying that just because you're my Daddy either :biggrin:

Lynn

Top Bottom