Jr Majestic FP in Desert Ironwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redfishsc

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

The first Jr Majestic have done. It is still a somewhat large pen, I'd like for it to be a tad smaller, but it is IMO a good pen.

The crystal in the clip makes it hard to photograph if you don't have the patience to set up the lights and turn off the flash, but I was in a hurry this morning as I took the pic, so that's the best I could get, lol. That, and I forgot to clean off the nib on that second pic.

The desert Ironwood is finished with conversion varnish, cured out overnight, and buffed to an insane gloss with 3M's Finesse-it II.

Thanks for looking. This pen is a "trial run" to see if it can stand up to my brutal standards (taking notes in seminary).

DI_jrmajestic_fp.JPG

Jr_majesticDI_fp2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

Beautiful pen. I've been thinking about making a fountain pen and the Majestic really appeals to me. Thanks for sharing.

redfishsc

Thanks for all the comments all!

This is a fairly straightforward pen to make. However, it has a couple of PSI cooties, if you will. There is a slight problem with the "cabachon" or whatever you call it that sits on the dome of the cap, and also the one that is on the end of the posting stud. Both of them came in mounted ever-so-slightly off-center inside the recess that holds it. It does not show up in the pic but is visible held in the hand. Not quite enough to merit sending the kit back, but enough for me to keep a VERY close eye on future Majestic/JR Majs that I make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom