Jr George Chrome RB Red/Blue Honeycomb

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

Hi Folks:

I made this one for myself. The blank is from Turner's Warehouse (so is the pen I think).

The photo shows white spots, but there are none; I just stink at photography.

It was a softer material, so I coated it with 7 coats of Mercury Flex CA. I thought it may be more flexible than the Gluboost (just thought - no proof).

After 4 attempts at lining up the barrel patterns, I gave up. It's close.

I did paint the tubes and barres with rust colored primer.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Jr George Chrome Chad Scimmel Blank.jpg
    Jr George Chrome Chad Scimmel Blank.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Joe

WOW, that is really nice looking, think we all get at that point in making them, time to turn out the lights and go in the house, always see if different the next day, "Never give up and never give in"

RangeRat

Being a beekeeper, I really dig some of these honeycomb designs. Nice color combo and it looks great!

leehljp

Member Liaison
GREAT Looking pen!

You have my curiosity up, where did you get the blue honeycomb? Who makes it? I want some!!! I am assuming they were 3D printed. Would love to have some in different colors! OH, just saw - "Turners Warehouse".

Last edited:

TonyL

Thanks Hanks. I was trying to find it for you on Chad's site, I don't see it anymore.
Un-turned, it is very dark red with the blue honeycomb barely visible. As I wrote above, it was pretty soft, so I finished it with several coats of CA. I also polished it very well before applying the CA. I am going to buy more too.

TonyL

I echo the "wow"! Beautiful pen! So far the only pens I make for myself are my rejects. :)

Thank you. However, the more pens I make, the more rejects I make - just less rejects on a percentage basis. I still make rejects.

jxdubbs

I love that honey comb! And the pen is beautiful. Some day I have to try turning some of that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom