Jr. gents pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penmonkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penmonkey

It's sleek, shiny and small. How much do you experts think this should sell for?

Image Insert:
200652821914_DSC016224 h.JPG

200652821121_DSC01626 a.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wags54

Travis that has to be the ugliest pen I ever saw I'd give you the price of your kit and blanks for it, just so you don't get stuck with it!!!LOL I am only kidding.[:D][:D] I honestly really like the pen a lot. I think it is very pretty wood and I like the kit you chose and the craftmanship you put into it. Nice JOB!!! I give it a definate thumbs up!!![:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Travis, I agree with the others that the pen is a nice piece of work. Pricing is a difficult issue for all of us. Some people say three times the money you have in the kit and blank plus whatever you feel you should charge for your time. A fair price in California might be outrageous in Louisiana or Mississippi. I generally try to get $40 to $50 fpr Barons and Jr Gents in my area of Pennsylvania. (FWIW, I am from Louisiana, so I am not belittling the area in any way.)

wags54

Travis sorry about that I thought a long time before I posted that reply. I was sure hoping you had a sense of humor. Myself I am not sure $65 is enough for thaat pen. But like some of the guys said, that know far more than I do, whatever the market will bare. I think sometimes we get locked into the cheap bic pen idea and a pen is a pen and can not be worht that much. But like Johnathan said it isn't a pen it is a work of art, a fine writing instrument, and is worth far more than any pen sold in Wal-Mart. IMHO

SteveRoberts

I sell Barons (incuding double dyes) at $59 at shows. I am sorry to say I think ebay isn't your best bet for getting full value on a pen. There was a guy on there recently, maybe still is, selling EMPEROR GOLD Fountain pens for $72 and NOT getting any takers.

I figured he had over $65 in costs alone.

Steve

fitzman163

Middletown,PA via The Coal Region,Pittston, PA, US
I was offered $100 for the same pen in buckeye burl. One offer from a doctor, and one from an accountant. I talked to a guy who could not move his pen at $35 so with advice from a marketing man he raised the price to $80 and couldn't keep them in stock(different pen). Don't short change yourself you are an artist, and a craftsman charge accordingly.People equate quality with price.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom