Jr Gent - segmented

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrylm

darrylm

My wife's friend asked me to make a pen for her to give to her husband for his birthday. She told me to make whatever I felt like. I hadn't tried a Jr Gent, so I thought this would be a good time to give one a try.

Here's what I've got:
tn_segmentedjrgent001.jpg

The finish is CA/BLO. The kit is a black ti fountain with a smooth end. The segments are maple, walnut and jatoba.

tn_segmentedjrgent002.jpg

tn_segmentedjrgent003.jpg

comments and critiques are welcome. thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

Very nice looking pen Darryl:):D I need to try one of those some day, It looks very complicated. Great job, truly a pen to be proud of, I'm sure your wife's friend will cherish it.

GaryMGg

[voice of Jack Black playing the machinist in The Jackal w/ Bruce Willis]

"That thing is kick as*. Dude is this thing a prototype, or what? I bet you it cost you a bleepload. That rocks. Man, you rock. Do you know what I'm saying? Rock! bleepin thing kicks as*. Oh, yeah. ..."

[voice off]

darrylm

Thanks for the compliments guys, I do appreciate the feedback. I've taken my mental notes on what needs to be improved on new designs.
Ya'll can thank GaryMGg for proding me along. If it weren't for his encouragement, I probably wouldn't be pushing myself to try these. Thanks Gary, I hope you have a good turnout to bubbasvillefest!
The birthday boy still hasn't received this pen. We had some crappy weather up here yesterday, so hopefully today it'll get passed along. I'm curious to hear his response as I understand he's a bit of a "pen snob", which of course makes me a little anxious...
well, I've got another blank ready to go and it's not going to turn itself...

Top Bottom