Jr Gent Rollerball - Segmented

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrylm

darrylm

it's been a while since I've posted anything here. I took a little time away from pens and built a small bed side table for my oldest daughter.

got back to turning tonight though. I had assembled this segmented blank before building the table, so I thought I'd finally turn it.

it's the same basic concepts as what I've done before. I cut my segments at 22.5 degrees rather than 30 degrees and I worked with a little more uniform thickness on my stock this time around. I used CA/BLO for the finish.

tn_seg_wlnt_jtb_roller_01.jpg

tn_seg_wlnt_jtb_roller_02.jpg

tn_seg_wlnt_jtb_roller_03.jpg

what do y'all think? comments & critiques welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

I like it, I can appreciate how much work it took. I like more drastic colour combinations and so don't really take to the colours here. As colours combined together I like them but on this pen they don't grab me. I like the size of the pieces and think that they work well.

It's easy to offer comments when they only one I tried was a disaster!;)

jskeen

That's a brilliant blank, I can't imagine putting something like that together. The colors work together without clashing and give a nice overall tone from a distance, but stand out from each other up close. Your fit and finish are flawless, I see you got a full section at the top and bottom of the cap, that can be difficult, and the partials are equal on the body too. Great job.

If I was turning it, I would have had to leave some curve in the sections, especially when using the non posting kit. The abrupt change from straight and parallel on the body to the tapers of the finial and endcap look off to me on any B to B pen that has angled caps. But, that's an opinion, and you know what they say about those. Does nothing to detract from a beautiful job on the pen.

Top Bottom