Jr. Gent Rb/Fp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ryankelley

ryankelley

these are the first Jr. Gent that I have turned. I think they came out nice, finally learning the Ca finish. Each has 10 coats of thin then a coat of carnuba(just for shine). One is spalted maple and the other two are teak. Had a couple show interest one wants to buy the teak as a set for her dad, told her $135 for the set and the other my boss wants for his wife. Guess he'll get a nice discount, my shop is in the basement of where I work (no space at home, he doesn't charge any rent). Please critique I could always use it.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryankelley

pics

Sorry forgot to add the piccs. Here they are

Attachments

• catalog2 034.jpg
    catalog2 034.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 185
  • catalog2 037.jpg
    catalog2 037.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 149
  • catalog2 040.jpg
    catalog2 040.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 167

bitshird

Ryan, is there a paternity suit involved with either pen?? I do like the bead work on the group of three, not too slimline pens, what type wood is the middle slimline it looks nice, your finish looks pretty darned good.

ryankelley

thank you for the compliments, the "pregnent" look I think is exaggerated in the pics. The three pens in the 2nd pic are spalted pine, red mallee, and an unknown wood. I did not buff, I applied the wax by hand with the lathe spinning. I have more kits and more wood, more time to improve. Thanks for looking.

dabull24

Make em however you want too. Thats the fun in turning pens, you can put your own touch in them! Great job!

Top Bottom