Jr. Gent with jeff's green leaf blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Been busy making pens this past week, here's another. A Jr. Gent fountain pen with one of Jeff Powell's green leaf blanks from exoticblanks. I like these blanks but my wife likes them even more :rolleyes: She thinks she's getting this one, but if I can sell this week it's gone. CA finish.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 289
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Looks awesome Keith. I'm sure it was a little bit of a pain cleaning out the tube, but certainly worth the effort! I really love those blanks. I hope you bought more, because they sell themselves pretty easy, and there won't be any more made for quite some time. Takes 600 leaves to make 24 pens. You picked the perfect kit too btw. I think the JR Gent is the only way to celebrate a blank like that..the other jr kits are too distracting.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Keith,

We see them "before", they sure look nice "after"!!

Great job by both you and Jeff!!!

And, yes, they do sell quickly!!

mrburls

Looks awesome Keith. I'm sure it was a little bit of a pain cleaning out the tube, but certainly worth the effort! I really love those blanks. I hope you bought more, because they sell themselves pretty easy, and there won't be any more made for quite some time. Takes 600 leaves to make 24 pens. You picked the perfect kit too btw. I think the JR Gent is the only way to celebrate a blank like that..the other jr kits are too distracting.

Jeff, Got to agree with you on the Jr. Gent kit. Something simple with a great set of blanks by you. I did buy 4 leaf blank sets from you some time ago which I have two (red ones) to turn yet.
It is a bit tough getting bushings in (need to be filed) but then after turned down they are a little loose, so CA fittings in place.
BUT MAKES A GREAT PEN JEFF

Keith "mrburls"

workinforwood

I have the same issues, I don't know why, but that's how it is. Every JR tube set I get from CSUSA seems to be that way even before I use them. Other peoples JR tubes in their blanks also seem to be the same way. I do recommend that if the parts don't go with enough pressure that you use 5 min epoxy and not CA. With epoxy if a drop squeezes out you can wipe it off, and if any CA was to squeeze or drip out then you are screwed.

Top Bottom