Jr Gent II - Engraved Wedding Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mpauly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpauly

I'm definitely not an experienced turner like many of you here and I'm certainly no photographer, but I think this one turned our pretty well. It's a Jr Gent II for my brother in law's wedding on Friday, made with white holly from jthompson1995 (jason) and engraved by ken at Kallenshaan Woods. The holly was really nice to turn, but each piece had a little gray streak (which I actually like) as seen in the cap in the last picture. Ken was super nice, answered all my questions, engraved their initials from a photoshopped image from their invite (they used some proprietary font that I couldn't replicate) and turned the job around super fast.

The finish is CA, sanded to 12,000 MM, though the white holly and my poor photography skills don't show off the finish much.

My brother in law is a budding wood worker, so I think he'll really be able to appreciate this gift.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Michael

tn_Box%20-%20Small.jpg

tn_Closed%20-%20small.jpg

tn_Engraving%20-%20Small.jpg

tn_Open%20-%20small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Nice work Michael. You brother-in-law will surely appreciate it for a long time. Just made a wedding pen for my daughter that gets married the day after your brother-in-law. Ken also did that engraving. Nice guy and great work. Keep up the good deeds and the good turning.

ahoiberg

michael, that looks great. i just finished a few wedding pens that, also, are being engraved by Ken. can't wait to see them... nice work, I'm sure they'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom