Jr. Gent II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

This pen I did a few weeks ago. It was my first Jr Gent kit and used kingwood. I finished it using medium CA which I think turned out pretty well. Its the gold ti kit. I thought I would share this picture as I hadn't before now. At the time, I didn't have a 10.5 mm bit so I just used my 10mm tapped the drill press table over very slightly and let the bit chew out a small section over the first drilled hole. To my amazement it worked and everything fit in there snug. I since have bought a 10.5 bit. This is the style pen I will be making for someone next week, but with a post-able cap.

140155-438x.jpg
140156-438x.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Your finish looks really nice Todd, but what is that white spot on the cap? My preference is to turn them a little thinner (straighter). You have a nice fit and the plating compliments the wood really well.

maxman400

Really nice finish, The white spot looks like the reflection from the nib, I like the looks of that kit I may have to order some and give it a try.

ToddMR

Your finish looks really nice Todd, but what is that white spot on the cap? My preference is to turn them a little thinner (straighter). You have a nice fit and the plating compliments the wood really well.

LOL the white spot on the cap is from the flash from the camera reflecting the nib. Since it reflected off of the CA finish it made that spot.

Top Bottom