Jr. Gent Coolibah Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woody350ep

woody350ep

Here is a Black Ti Jr Gent II. This was my first screw on cap pen, and I like it, a lot. It is Coolibah Burl finished with CA of course. The picture didn't quite want to come out right, but take my word, it is shiny like my others.

Thanks to Scribblesticks for the awesome blanks. I still have a couple left, and can't wait to use them.

Questions/comments/critiques welcome

100_2174.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Looks to be a hair underturned at the centerband on the top blank. It's got a GREAT finish and looks like it's got enough heft to be comfortable in the hand.

jskeen

beautiful finish on a great blank!

It also looks to me like the cap is a little out of round or possibly underturned in the photo, but that may very well be an artifact of the lighting. Is the wood actually hanging over the centerband directly below the clip, but even on the opposite side? Are you turning on a mandrel with both half's mounted on the bushings? When you finished turning the cap, was there one position where the bushing was flush all the way around but if rotated some, did it seem to not match up as well?

I have found that the larger diameter capped pens are much more succeptable to out of round issues than most 7mm kits, and have been fighting to avoid that problem myself. At this point I am suspecting the bushings, and actively searching on ebay for a pin micrometer to do some serious QC on mine. But even putting the blanks directly on centers of my lathe and turning without bushings I'm still having problems with OOR issues :-(

Top Bottom