Jr Gent and Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

This is my first Jr. Gent Rollerball and the first piece of Amboyna that I have used.

Sanded to 1800, then 1 coat of thin CA and 8 coats of Medium CA. Sanded to 1800 half way through and then again at the end.

Buffed with brown stuff then White Diamond.

I am very happy with this one.

Thanks for looking and C & C welcome as usual.:)

Bob.:biggrin:

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 194
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hummm, that wood looks familiar...! no no, is not mine, unfortunately it ain't grow in this neck of the woods but, I know who has some of that, I got some, also...!

You certainly are getting pretty damn good with your pens Bob, considering that pens, is a fairly new thing to you, as an experienced bowl turner, you will be on to kittless very soon, I suppose, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Great job mate....!

Cheers
George

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I Love Amboyna! Especially when you can get blanks with Sapwood and Heartwood together (I know where some is!). :RockOn:

Joe S.

Isn't that a Barron kit? I thought the Jr. Gents had metal threads. Either way that's one sharp looking pen!

Joe S.

I looked it up; I was thinking of the Jr. Gent II. Sorry about that! So what are you going to do with this one?

Bob Wemm

robutacion

Hahahah, I gave up, a long time ago to worry about the kits names, particularly those identical ones that each manufacturer/distributor wants to give their own name of his version of the same things or close enough to not worth the trouble of argument.

Apart from the common well known old styles and names, when I want to buy some kits, I look to the pic and if I like it, I buy it with its bushes, etc. Months later, when I decided to make a pen and I pick one from the box and it happens to one of the last ones I purchase that I never done before or not for a long time, when I got it done and give it as a gift, I know that the last thing the person receiving it is interested on, is the name of the kit, they want to know what wood or that thing around the pen (if not solid wood) is, and I normally say that its just a fancy kit I used, nothing else is necessary and that suits me well, so that I don't have to get involved with this war of names for the same thing, silly in my view but again, I don't make pens for sale to, who cares...??:wink::biggrin:

Keep it simple, .........!:eek::)

Cheers
George

OZturner

Bob, I will leave the discussion on what type of Kit it is to the experts.

That is one Magnificent Pen.
Beautiful Blank, Terrific Fit and Finish, and looks Superb.
And you are no mean hand with the camera as well, Great Photographs.
I trust that one is going into your collection.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Bob Wemm

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything!

Hey Joe,

No problems Mate, just some people like to have their say, whether they are right or wrong.
I just love the kit and the blank, so as far as I'm concerned it's a great pen. Jr.Gent 1 or 11, who cares.
I did buy a couple of Baron's at the same time, so will have to make one of those next.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers, Bob.:biggrin:

Nick

This is not a gent jr kit, gent's does not have the lower quality black plastic thread nor the cheap looking black plastic center band O ring. Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Kit Name) :: Baron Pen Kits :: Baron Fountain Pen - Ti Gold looks more like this, which is a baron.

Jr gent 1 does Ed.

Thanks Dan,
This is getting out of hand.
It's just a pen.

Bob.
. Bob regardless of what pen is,and who cares, you have done a beautiful job on it, fine work. Look forward to your next one.
Regards

Top Bottom