Jr. Abraham in banksia pod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jsolie

jsolie

This is a Jr. Abraham rollerball in chrome and black ti dressed in one of George's resifill banksia pod blanks. It was a fairly challenging blank to turn, but I think it came out pretty good. It has a CA finish on it.

IMG_1785-L.jpg

IMG_1781-L.jpg

IMG_1783-L.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen ! The blank may have been a challenge, but you won and it looks beautiful. I love the large "eye".

Very nice.

EDIT: your pictures are very nice - not overly fancy, but displays the pen very well!!!

Last edited:

robutacion

Great to see you tackling, one of those blanks and as you said, they are a challenge no doubt but, one worse while...!

The pen looks pretty good as does the finish, congrats...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

jsolie

Beautiful pen ! The blank may have been a challenge, but you won and it looks beautiful. I love the large "eye".

Very nice.

EDIT: your pictures are very nice - not overly fancy, but displays the pen very well!!!

Thanks for the compliments on the photography. To tell a secret, they were taken with my phone on our kitchen table. I really should set up things with the big camera to take some really nice photos.

As for the blanks, I have three left out of my set of four. I suspect I got lucky.

jsolie

Great to see you tackling, one of those blanks and as you said, they are a challenge no doubt but, one worse while...!

The pen looks pretty good as does the finish, congrats...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

One down, three to go. It was pretty challenging blank to turn. I had to hone my skew maybe every 5 or 6 passes once I got the blanks round. Since I was turning it so gingerly, it was quite a few trips to my hone. I did treat the holes with thin CA after drilling, which was a great idea.

Top Bottom