Jorge's Second Time at Penmaking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

My son best friend, Jorge, who is graduating from college in the Spring as well as my son, David, made their first pen a few weeks ago. I just watched and let them do most of the work that day. Day before yesterday, Jorge and and my son asked if they could use my shop to each make a pen by themselves and I said sure. Well, when I got home from work, this is the pen that Jorge had made. It was his second pen. (I posted my son's second one yesterday).
Jorge also used my leftovers from pen blanks and put together a segmented red white and blue pen on a Titanium Navigator kit. He also made his third one he called his LSU pen with school colors. He, as was my son, was extremely proud of his pens. He also asked if I would post them here so he would get feedback. It is really nice to watch young pen makers in the making. I am sure he would welcome comments and encouragement. Thank you for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Jorge's Second Pen.jpg
    Jorge's Second Pen.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Jorge's Second Pen_1.jpg
    Jorge's Second Pen_1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Jorge's LSU Pen_1.jpg
    Jorge's LSU Pen_1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Jorge's LSU Pen.jpg
    Jorge's LSU Pen.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Congratulations Doc, you taught both of these young men well. Your son's pen and Jorge's pens are both very well done and your photos are wonderful as well. Again, congratulations to you and the two new turners. I hope you realize you have ruined their lives by getting them addicted to this fun addiction. Thanks for sharing, proud Pappa.
Charles

David Keller

Nicely done on both counts although the LSU colors are slightly nauseating... Not as bad since my Hogs beat them a week ago.

Top Bottom