Jonathan tried to trick me...but it's ok.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

This blank was in a group I purchased at the Atlanta chapter meeting. It was one of two that looked almost identical...black with blue. Here's a picture of the blank before turning. The photo color is accurate. The red is my mark for orienting the pieces.
P1030530.jpg

I managed to save the end so I could make a center piece for the finial and noticed that the color was really off from what I expected. At this point I was afraid the center piece would not match the pen. However, I've been surprised by Jonathan's (Brooks803) blanks before so I headed back to the shop. Here's what I found inside this black & blue blank:

P1030535.jpg

P1030536.jpg

P1030543.jpg

And a closeup:
P1030543-1.jpg

The pen is a Jr. Gent II from Exotic Blanks in Rhodium with the black center band from a 10k Gold kit.

And Jonathan, you can try to trick me anytime!:biggrin:

Earl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

LOL...I've been waiting on this moment! Sooner or later it was gonna happen. Blue went bye bye...or atleast took a backseat to the green. Looks great and I like the finial touch. Great work as always Earl.

Bobalu

That's a great looking pen Earl. I only have a few of Jonathon's blanks left. I hope I have at least one surprise waiting for me, like you had. Sort of a Van Gogh look - Starry Night without the stars is what I'd call it.

OKLAHOMAN

Nice.....No very nice.....no very very nice. Now when I get home from this show I'll have to turn some of the blanks Brooks sent me ....one in particular

Top Bottom