Jonah symbol cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nvillerod

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvillerod

Playing around with home casted symbols in homebrew PR. Still working on the process (and photography). Symbol shows on both sides of the

200711313396_jonah%203.jpg

2007113133922_jonah%204.jpg

pen.

nvillerod

Right now I have done the following...

1. Found a Jonah symbol that was cut on a laser cutter. Stacked and glued enough 1/8" plywood pieces to equal 3/4".
2. Casted this plywood original in silicon to make a mold.
3. Casted PR in silicon mold (added white coloring).
4. Took the finished white Jonah casting and placed it in a 3/4" silicon blank mold. Poured homebrew around it.
5. Drilled and turned as usual.

A lot of steps...still working out some of the details to make more user friendly.

redfishsc

Those are very nice! I like the blue one the most. I like your shaping, my cigars often come out a bit tubby looking, yours have a nice, graceful shape.

I wonder where the fish got the name "Jonah" though--- the only place I have ever seen that symbol called "Jonah" was CSA-- the "Jonah" clip.

I think someone (at CSA?) is mixing up what the fish means. Yes, Jonah was swallowed by a "great fish", but to Christians the fish represents something drastically different--- the ancient Greek word for fish is is "ichthus" (see pic below). Ichthus just happens to be spelled by the first letters of the statement (in greek, lol, not english) "Jesus Christ, God's Son, Savior. Since Christ made it a habit of multiplying one fish to feed thousands, miraculously herding insane numbers of fish into fishermen's nets, and calling His disciples to be "fishers of men", no wonder it became one of the first symbols of Christianity.

(you can read reallllllly in depth about this at a site I found and like, http://www.webedelic.com/church/ichthusf.htm )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom