Johnnycnc's Aluminum blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

John Goodin AKA Johnnycnc posted these blanks for some one to try and I'll try anything. He wanted feedback so here goes. The blanks are almost premade ie they are BTB .498 and the finished pen is .478 so you see you only need to turn .020 off. I did this at the final and nib to give a slight shape. I used a skew to shape then sanded with 400 grit. Used all MM to 12000, then Brasso. Buffed with white diamond and back on the lathe and brasso again.All comments welcome

20071031235949_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Nice job Roy, very shiney and elegant looking. How does the weight compare to a wood Sierra? And where did you get Spike's cousin?[:D]

OKLAHOMAN

Gerry, the weight is a little lighter than a wood it seems, and Spikes cousin was in LOML's shell collection and will be used with discretion[:D] or not[;)].
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Nice job Roy, very shiney and elegant looking. How does the weight compare to a wood Sierra? And where did you get Spike's cousin?[:D]

neon007

Great job. Alum. is a hard metal to polish right, and it looks like you nailed it. I have a bunch of alum. billets. Think I might give it a try. How is the weight? Seems it might be a bit heavy. Although I like a heavy pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom