johnmHRB and Mesquite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from el_d

el_d

A few weeks ago I turned these and forgot to post them.

Honduran rosewood Burl from johnm. (Got to get some more it sold before I turned it)

Mesquite from my driveway cast with Blue Alumilite. (Got to get some more Alumilite).

C&C welcome... thanks.

Attachments

• HRB.jpg
    HRB.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 358
  • mesq.jpg
    mesq.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Lupe, Both look great! My favorite is the HRB. I wish you had a close up pic. The wood looks out of this world beautiful! Cool casting with the mesquite. Regards, Doc

maxman400

Lupe Those Are Great, I really like the Mesquite. I have some that is really punky that I am thinking about casting in Green. Nice Photos also, Would love to see them bigger.

el_d

Thanks Guys. It means alot coming from such impressive pen artists like yuzz guys.

The pics posted were off an email to a customer(along with an Amboyna) but I will get some larger pics up as soon as I can get to a my real computer.

ToddMR

A couple nice looking pens. I have yet to do that click. The HRB is for sure my favorite of the two. Nice job!

Rchan63

They are both very nice pens, but I'm leaning towards the mesquite.
I wish I have mesquite in my back yard? How about I trade you some good old pine :biggrin: from my backyard for some of you backyard mesquite:eek:. Nice job on both.

Richard

el_d

Thanks guys, john does have some pretty HRB that sells before its turned. I sold her a "blank" :). Just had to put it on a kit, she didnt care what kind of kit so I used a lau lau click kit.

The mesquite was my daily writer that she wrote her address down( It had an Exoticblank upgraded refill :cool:)and she had to have it. :biggrin:

These IAP vendors are the best and make it easy to peddle your wares you just have to put it in the potential customers hands....:cool:

Click for larger images....

I like both pens a lot but I am really loving the Honduran Rosewood. How does the clicker pen hold up and feel? It really looks good and would like to make a few if it is a good kit.

el_d

I like both pens a lot but I am really loving the Honduran Rosewood. How does the clicker pen hold up and feel? It really looks good and would like to make a few if it is a good kit.

Brian,
Its my Favorite. its a good canvas to showcase a beautiful timber. Lau Lau has them in the upgraded plating at a very resonable cost. The click is a little light but you can stretch the spring(make sure to dab a little red loctite on assembly) to give it more resistance. With an urgraded refill that I got from Exoticblanks, easy sell :wink:

A favorite of my customers.

drgoretex

NICE!!

+1 on the Honduran Rosewood burl comments - that stuff is another of my absolute favourite woods. Spectacular contrast in the figures. The resin impregnated wood is quite cool too. I am a fan of the mixed wood/resin pens.

Ken

Top Bottom