Jnr Statesman Malachite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

Pen is a Jnr. Statesman in Malachite, with the "left over" piece of blank I glued two pieces of wood either side and turned it down to make the end cap finials. Amos:)

JnrStatesmanMalachite7.jpg

JnrStatesmanMalachite8.jpg

JnrStatesmanMalachite4.jpg

JnrStatesmanMalachite1.jpg

JnrStatesmanMalachite3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Great looking pen. I'm wanting a green pen. I may have to buy one of those blanks. I haven't seen one I didn't like yet. Great job on the finial cap. I like doing those. I think they add a lot to the pen. Even if you had to pay for the fancy cap that you removed.:frown:

I did a really nice cap yesterday. It's on my garage floor . . . . . . . . somewhere.

I had to keep the stock cap. It was only a jr. gent I, so not a high end pen, but it's still frustrating.

Last edited:

Dave Turner

Great looking pen. Just wondering, what is the best way to take the original finial cap piece off if you want to replace it with your custom piece?

Dave

BSea

Great looking pen. Just wondering, what is the best way to take the original finial cap piece off if you want to replace it with your custom piece?

Dave
I use a center punch. The same kind of punch used to disassemble a pen. I just hold the cap in my hand, and hit the punch with a hammer. I think I'm going to make a jig to hold the cap (I think someone posted how to do this. It might be in the library).

IPD_Mrs

Very nice use of the Malachite. I think you did a great job on the caps. I also agree with BSea this is a really NICE blank to use if you like green pens. The last one that Mr. made was one of the prettiest I had ever seen (and it sold almost immediately) - but I like them whether they are straight lined (mostly) or full of swirls.

Linda

Top Bottom