Jichimu Statesman jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rudy Vey

Rudy Vey

Gary Peck in Singapore and I traded some blanks. Gary send me some Jichimu, Raja Kayu and some "Thief" wood. Here are some pens I made from it.
The first picture shows the Jichimu dressed in a Statesman Jr, Rhodium and Black Ti.
The second pen is made from the "Thief" wood, I don't know what this wood really is. It looks a bit like Cocobolo, but is a total different wood when working it. It has quite some chatoyance to it, this I have never seen on Cocobolo. I made a Retro in Titanium Gold from it.
Have some more wood on the way from Gary, some of his HHL is coming my way, can hardly wait!

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 428
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

garypeck

Hi Rudy.... great pens....!!! You did a great job on the "Thief" wood.....

And thank you so much for all the nice stuff you sent my way......!!

Dario

The second pen is made from the "Thief" wood, I don't know what this wood really is. It looks a bit like Cocobolo, but is a total different wood when working it. It has quite some chatoyance to it, this I have never seen on Cocobolo.

Well that combination sure makes it very interesting!!!

jttheclockman

Rudy

Very nice work indeed. Thanks for showing. What is your finish of choice and your method of applying??? Nice photography also. Keep them coming.

woody350ep

I made a thiefwood from Gary two days ago and sold it yesterday while showing it off. I wasn't trying to sell it, but it was snatched up lol. Those long click kits are real attention grabbers IMO. I wish I knew the technical name of it myself, but everything said was right. It reminded me of coco first off as well, but turns like butter and has some great chatoyance. All of those things I thought as I turned it too. Nice job on those. Has anyone heard of this thief wood? Yahoo search pulls up nothing on it.

garypeck

"thief" wood is our local name...... maybe thats why you are not able to google it.......sorry...but im not able to tell you its scientific name....but im glad it was snapped up in a jiffy......

If you ever need more, do let me know.....im always willing to trade.....

Regards,
Gary

I made a thiefwood from Gary two days ago and sold it yesterday while showing it off. I wasn't trying to sell it, but it was snatched up lol. Those long click kits are real attention grabbers IMO. I wish I knew the technical name of it myself, but everything said was right. It reminded me of coco first off as well, but turns like butter and has some great chatoyance. All of those things I thought as I turned it too. Nice job on those. Has anyone heard of this thief wood? Yahoo search pulls up nothing on it.

Top Bottom