Jet black and dark orange old growth cocobolo!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

This is a very particular cocobolo piece used here. That cocobolo piece is sometimes jet black, burgundy, dark orange. It had some rain drops patterns prior turning and it is old stock.

I am quite satisfied with this one, 22 coats of medium and took me quite a while to finish as the darker it is the more the small flaws are visible!

Thanks for looking and clicky the thumbnails,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

That is a beautiful pen. Great job as usual. I have some Cocobolo but have yet to turn it, have had it for 3 or 4 years now.

dmott

Ive been trying to go to the garage for the past few hours; I think that pen finally is going to get me out there.

CharlesH

dmott said:
Ive been trying to go to the garage for the past few hours; I think that pen finally is going to get me out there.

If I can inspire only one person to turn every time I post, it is totally worth it! Happy turning!

C

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

SDB777

On the three pieces of Coco I've turned, I could never get a finish like that on any of them(mine all got 'cloudy')....that is a stunning finish!

The color is very pleasing to the eyes...congrats!

Scott (poly'd mine after the fighting was over) B

CharlesH

SDB777 said:
On the three pieces of Coco I've turned, I could never get a finish like that on any of them(mine all got 'cloudy')....that is a stunning finish!

The color is very pleasing to the eyes...congrats!

Scott (poly'd mine after the fighting was over) B

Scott,

I had similar issues and I found it was the accelerator I was using. Since I use Satellite City NCF Quick accelerator those issues are gone. I am pretty sure that the light mist it provides does make a lot of difference as compared to the glasses cleaner type of container.

C

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Top Bottom