Jet Black Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from marelton

marelton

After seeing a Classic pen I was using my boss asked me for a "shiny black" pen a few weeks ago so I mixed up a batch of black PR and made up this Baron.
The trouble is it turned out so glossy that it shows every fingerprint and dust fleck!

He was a very happy man today when I handed it over.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Nice job on the very gentle curves. Gold isn't the first plating I'd chose for a black pen, but it works better than I would have thought.

LanceD

Nice job on the Baron. I hope you used the Titanium gold and not the upgrade. Oh and gold and black goes real well together. I sell quite a few in that color combination.

VisExp

Very elegant! The black and gold are a classic combination and the shape of the pen is very nice. Your boss should give you a raise :D

Ligget

The clip is overlapping the centreband, was the tube a little shorter than normal?

Fantastic work on casting that blank, very classy with the gold metalwork![:p]

marelton

Gold medal for observation goes to Mark!! I thought I'd got away with it!

When I bought the drill table up to the barrel trimmer it caught the edge of the cap blank and chipped it. It was a case of all or nothing at that stage because I didn't want to disturb the clean lines (I could have segmented it), so I trimmed about 2mm off the end of the blank and tube to get it clean and square and carried on. It actually came out better than I was expecting, but obviuosly not good enough to get past the experts.

You got me and I promise I'll come clean from the outset if there is a next time!!

drayman

Martin, i noticed it too. but i am far from an expert lol.
but it still looks great well done and nice recovery.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you ever "knick" another one, make a repair and position that under the clip. It's less obvious than shortening the cap.

FWIW!!!

Better, of course, is to start over:D:D:D:D

Top Bottom