Jersey Corn Can't Be Beat!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pen_Turner_Dan

Hello! This is my first thread showing off my work, let me know if I should post more!

My camera is really bad, but this is my best attempt of a photo shoot (yes, they are white shirts in the backround, hey, I tried:tongue:)!

Also, my school only had normal slimline pen kits, so I thought I'd change things up and extend the back blank, and drill a hole to cover the middle separator, this is also my first ever corn pen, so tell me what you think!

Anyway, here's 4 of my favorites!

Attachments

• 05141121132.jpg
    05141121132.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 465
  • 0514112109.jpg
    0514112109.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 0514112110b.jpg
    0514112110b.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 0514112112.jpg
    0514112112.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

You are off to a creative start! Add a little more light to your photo situation and you actually have a winning combination. When I saw the pen I have to admit I thought of the planter's peanuts guy! : )

Hope to see more of your turnings. Thanks for sharing it.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

crabcreekind

Hey that is a great start, Im glad to see more than 1 person my age turns pens. I hope you keep making them, I like your corn cob pen. I made one once and hated it, but your looks good. I know you like the different shape and funky curves on pens now, but that will diminish later, I used to love the cool shapes and funky curves on pens. Now i like just a suttle curve or straight. Once you get into more expensive pen kits you will probably like less curves more. Keep turning, and welcome to the addiction. And last Welcome to IAP.

seamus7227

I too like that pen! Although I have never tried making one with corncob, they still look very fun and interesting. What type of finish did you use?

bitshird

Guess I'll have to try some of that New Jersey Corn, I've drank plenty of the local stuff, but OOOOppps I see what you mean now. That is a nice corn cob pen, and you are doing a lot better than I've ever been able to do on a corn cob. Great pen.!!

I too like that pen! Although I have never tried making one with corncob, they still look very fun and interesting. What type of finish did you use?

I used was and alchohol polish, it's what came standard with the lathe package my school got. I never tried CA finish or how to do it for that matter :tongue:

Where would I post the process thread at?

Thanks for the feedback!

biednick

That looks great, I have turned 2 corn cobs that I picked up in my grandpas field. I'm glad to see that there are at least 2 other people close to my age here.

Woodlvr

Nice job and creativity on your pen. I recently found out that my Blackberry phone takes better pictures than my little camera does. :frown: You might check yours and see if it will work for you.

Top Bottom