Jerry Bailey inspired Gisi blank and pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks, Jason. They do look thinner when comparing to the diameter of the pen.

Near the middle of the pen, I see 4 parallel and horizontal veneer pieces (two green, two white), so they would make up 4 x 1/8" = 1/2", and then there are the top and bottom pieces which would each be thicker than 3/8" each, so the pen would seem to be 1 1/4" total diameter. I am quite sure that is not the case so I must have misled you with my question.

Maybe when I said "veneer pieces" you thought I meant the undyed reddish-brown pieces at an angle to the pen axis ?

Last edited:

Aces-High

Thanks, Jason. They do look thinner when comparing to the diameter of the pen.

Near the middle of the pen, I see 4 parallel and horizontal veneer pieces (two green, two white), so they would make up 4 x 1/8" = 1/2", and then there are the top and bottom pieces which would each be thicker than 3/8" each, so the pen would seem to be 1 1/4" total diameter. I am quite sure that is not the case so I must have misled you with my question.

Maybe when I said "veneer pieces" you thought I meant the undyed reddish-brown pieces at an angle to the pen axis ?

Yeah, Sorry Mal. The veneer strips are around 1/16, so all 4 together add up to 1/8. So the entire center section of Blue with the 4 pieces of veneer equals 1/4. The blank was very close to 3/4 square.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Last edited:

OZturner

Quite a Task you Set Yourself Jason,
Beautiful Design, and Execution,
Top Marks for showing it with Photo Magnification Available.
I wish I had the Patience and Skill to Tackle something like this.
Congratulation,
Brian.

Top Bottom