Jeff Powell's POW Rotacrylic Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fireengines

Fireengines

This is Jeff's POW blank from Exotic Blanks. The pen kit is the Over & Under Shotgun Rollerball. In hindsight, I would have chose a different kit.

Attachments

• pow.jpg
    pow.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 341
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

Perhaps I should explain myself on the use of Over & Under Shotgun Rollerball kit.

Many years ago, I had the honor of serving with a former POW from the USS Pueblo where he was starved and regularly tortured while in North Korean custody. Many times a gun was held to his head.

During the turning of this pen, I kept thinking of him an wondered what he would have thought about using simulated ammunition in the turning. Was I being disrespectful to those who served?

I hope this explains my comment.

workinforwood

Let's look at it another way. The reason for the POW flag is to remember "You are not forgotten" is the slogan. In the tower there is a man with a gun. It's a prison camp, barb wire, etc. The use of a bullet kit, real or simulated, accents the remembrance of why the flag was created in the first place. You should remember that a gun was to your head, or if not you the POW, then others are reminded of the inhumanity of being a POW. It's a pretty powerful statement and gives us as Americans a lot to think about when it comes to war in general.

robersonjr

Even though I was not a POW, I served in Nam, I would not be offended by such a beautiful pen. It is awesome. Robbie

Top Bottom