Jeff Powell Tooth Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VampMN

VampMN

I've seen several posts with Jeff's blanks lately, so I thought I'd throw mine out there as well. I made this pen for my sister to give to her Orthodontist. The colors are really beautiful, and her Dr. loved it. Sorry for the sub par pictures. I was in a hurry to meet my sister to give it to her. It's on a Black Ti Jr. Gent II. This was my first Jeff Powell blank, and my first Jr. Gent kit. I'd love any feedback anyone may have. I can't get better, if I don't know if something is wrong.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Looks absolutely perfect to me Margaret. I am a little concerned about the left root on that tooth...you might want to cut back just a hair on the sugar maybe, or get a real Dentists second opinion. :biggrin:

VampMN

Thanks for the feedback guys! I actually let this blank sit for several days, simply because I was terrified of drilling it. :redface: Jeff, I read your instructions about 50 times before I marked it, and about 25 more times before I drilled it.

As far as cutting back on the sugar; never gonna happen. *sips on icee and eats m&m's*

workinforwood

I understand the intimidation factor Margaret, and I bet when you were all done, you looked back and realized..dang that was actually simple..." I worry too much"! Drilled easy, spun easy, shined up real nice! :biggrin:

Pretty soon there should be a small PDF file posted over there too, so you can actually see pictures to go with the directions.

workinforwood

I bought one for my dentist that I haven't turned yet. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did.

only reason there's any of these at all is because someone commissioned me to make them a couple and the way I'm set up is to make 5 at a time. I thought it was pretty odd at the to be honest with you, but business is business...I sent the rest to Dawn figuring they could collect dust on her shelves. Show's what I know! :biggrin: I'm not fond of dentists, but some people are..friends, relatives, perhaps the dentist did something special for you...all things I didn't consider! So there you have it...tooth be told. :wink:

VampMN

I understand the intimidation factor Margaret, and I bet when you were all done, you looked back and realized..dang that was actually simple..." I worry too much"! Drilled easy, spun easy, shined up real nice! :biggrin:

Pretty soon there should be a small PDF file posted over there too, so you can actually see pictures to go with the directions.

Pretty much, Jeff. Next time I'll be more confident. I think a PDF would be very helpful, as I think a lot of people have trouble visualizing written instructions .

Thanks for the comments, Bob. You should definitely turn yours. They come out really beautiful.

VampMN

I bought one for my dentist that I haven't turned yet. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did.

only reason there's any of these at all is because someone commissioned me to make them a couple and the way I'm set up is to make 5 at a time. I thought it was pretty odd at the to be honest with you, but business is business...I sent the rest to Dawn figuring they could collect dust on her shelves. Show's what I know! :biggrin: I'm not fond of dentists, but some people are..friends, relatives, perhaps the dentist did something special for you...all things I didn't consider! So there you have it...tooth be told. :wink:

I'm really glad you made these blanks. My sister had to have facial surgery and her orthodontist had been really helpful with getting everything set up with insurance, etc., so she wanted to give him a gift. I happened to be cruising Exotic Blanks and came across these and ordered one immediately. Couldn't have been more perfect.

Top Bottom