Jeff Powell Flame Dragon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Folks I can take absolutely no credit for this pen, other than it is in my personal collection, and good lord do I love it!!! Jeff came by and left me this beautiful Red Fire Dragon on Box Elder Burl done flawlessly on a black TI. Jr Emperor.

Jeffs-Dragon.jpg

The pen is absolutely gorgeous, and it's a nice companion for my Blue Fire Dragon I made a while back.

Jeffs-Dragon2.jpg

Ya know I think the kid has a knack for this stuff:biggrin:

Sorry about the blur, my tripod got left at the shop:frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Really nice, Ken!!!

I understand scroll sawing--but every time I look at that pattern, I wonder how he oriented all those individual pieces so they would not move when cast!!

Pretty AMAZING work!!

bitshird

Ed his work is unbelievable the radiation symbol on the nuke blank is so tiny, it's amazing!! but this Red Fire Dragon is going to have to go to the Exotic blank Ink store, for something to drink.

Timebandit

Really nice, Ken!!!

I understand scroll sawing--but every time I look at that pattern, I wonder how he oriented all those individual pieces so they would not move when cast!!

Pretty AMAZING work!!

No pieces to keep from moving Ed. The dragon is cut INTO the wood and then cast, so all those little pieces in the dragon were actually voids that got filled with resin. Same with the fire. No small pieces here, that i know of at least. If i am wrong im sure Jeff will correct me.

Justin

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Justin!!

Dawn just took me back to show that these are cut into the wood---many of his patterns are all resins---

Just got my positives and negatives reversed!!!! Good thing I wasn't "jumping" a car!!!:eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom