Jeff Powell Dolphin Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

This was a custom order from a friend of my wife's. She wanted a dolphin on a cigar chrome pen. Lucky for me I was able to get this awesome blank Jeff Powell made on exoticblanks. I had no issues at all with this one. I did the measuring and it turned really nice. I am sending it away tomorrow to have the name engraved on the right side of the cap end. Did wet MM all the way up followed by some plastic wax, and then ren wax. I will get more pictures later, but the lightening wasn't working on my favor tonight. I made the cap end a little thick on purpose so the dolphin had no chance of being messed up. Let me know what you all think. Thanks for looking!

pen67.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Not only is the dolphin cool, that blank has a really nice pearly blue!!!

Congrats to both you (for a nice turning job!!) and Jeff.

workinforwood

Looks excellent Todd..you really captured the pearly blue in my opinion too! I think the shape is just fine. If you had wanted it skinnier, you could have done that too...but either way is fine...if anything, the bolder shape of the pen gives it more character and flare preferred by some, sits in the palm or the hand real nice so the pen doesn't tend to slip forward due to it's tapered nature. If you simply hold a spun barrel so the image is directly facing you, then you can see how much room is on each side before you reach critical mass. You have lots of room on the single dolphin for a slim cigar. I think it will even fit on a euro pen..might get the brows sweating though! :biggrin:

Top Bottom