Jarrah Burl Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
My other camera is at work so I have to try and survive with this one for tonight. The pen is a Ti. Gold Sierra with Jarrah Burl filled with some gold Alumilite. It has 6 coats of CA and then was sanded and micromeshed to 12000 grit. It looks a little better in person.

Attachments

• DSC02491.JPG
    DSC02491.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Neil,

Looks great. I have some Jarrah burl on the bench waiting on me. Do you mind telling how you assure the voids on the bottom of the blank get Alumilite in them? I'm struggling with the concept.

Thanks
Tom

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Neil,

Looks great. I have some Jarrah burl on the bench waiting on me. Do you mind telling how you assure the voids on the bottom of the blank get Alumilite in them? I'm struggling with the concept.

Thanks
Tom
That's easy. Take your wifes favorite pot and boil all the wax out of the blanks first. Then pour some alumilite on top of a blank and then flip the blank over and pour more in until the mold is full, then put it in the pot and pressure it up. After you take it out, trim the blank all the way aroun d to make sure it is full of resin, if not, just repeat the previous action. Most of the jarrah I have has voids going completely through them.

Bree

Very nice! I have a couple dozen similar blanks. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them so they are "aging" in their plastic shoebox.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

HSTurning

That's easy. Take your wifes favorite pot and boil all the wax out of the blanks first. Then pour some alumilite on top of a blank and then flip the blank over and pour more in until the mold is full, then put it in the pot and pressure it up. After you take it out, trim the blank all the way aroun d to make sure it is full of resin, if not, just repeat the previous action. Most of the jarrah I have has voids going completely through them.

I was wondering if this was one of the "favorite pot" pen blanks.
Looks great

Top Bottom