James Monroe Oak Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

Mark.
You are a much better pen maker than you are a photographer.
I have seen this in person, it is stunning.

Nice work my friend.

bpgoldo

Mark, I am impressed with the clean execution and classic simplicity of the wood and banding. That is the mark of thoughtful craftsmanship. Beautiful.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, I am impressed with the clean execution and classic simplicity of the wood and banding. That is the mark of thoughtful craftsmanship. Beautiful.

I appreciate the comment as I envy your work with segmenting! I WILL be exploring using Turquoise Tru-stone slices as you have done. I love your inspiration.

My simple segmentation is very clean and accurate (when done right...) and also very easy!

Beautiful work, Mark !!!!! . Statesman is a lovely kit.

I had never turned a Statesman before acquiring these "Historical Blanks." They are a BIG pen! Actually, not my preference, but they are turning fine.

Well done, Mark! The banding really adds to the look of the pen. As usual, your fit and finish is superb!

Thank you! (Again, from another turner I admire!). The veneers for the bands are a very easy modification. Again, the hardest element is to "just do it." After 2-3 attempts, all the tweaking will be done and it will be an easy task.

The accents really set the oak in a beautiful display Mark. Well done. :wink:

Maybe I need a custom center-band :biggrin::biggrin::big grin:! Thanks my friend!

Great job as usual. I'm sure he will cherish it.

He did appreciate it. But he had a choice between George Washington Horse Chestnut blanks and these (I gave him a choice 2 months ago). I suspect for historical reasons he now wishes he chose the G. Washington blanks. (My opinion... these were more colorful.

Awesome pen Mark.

Thanks Jim!

keithbyrd

Those presidential woods are precious blanks and you have done it well. Awesome pen and awesome gesture. I am sure he was very appreciative and awestruck!

lhowell

Mark! This pen is absolutely stunning! This is probably one of my favorite pens I have seen on this site! Beautiful!!

Top Bottom