A Jade long cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is an ultra-modified cigar pen . It is made from a piece of Alternative Jade I got as a freebie from Dawn at www.exoticblanks.com .
It is a finial operated long cigar pen . I love finial operated pens , they are different and very easy to use . One day , if I ever figure out how to explain how these are made I will write a tutorial .

1_jadelongcigar2.jpg

1_jadelongcigar.jpg

As always , comments are welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Dear Mr Kitless Fanatic, your work is amazing.:wink: I like what I see, but need a closer look.:eek: So, I'm assuming you know where to send it?:confused::biggrin:

mickr

wow-o-wow., great kitless dude..fantastic..MY OPINION: could you make the writing tip a tad slimmer & more elegant to go with the rest of the "look"? your work always inspires..thanks for sharing

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everybody . I wish I could claim this one as part of kitlessdom (is that a word?....nope) but it is a Cigar kit just a little modified . This Alt Jade is Awesome stuff but it is verrrrry transparent . It took some time to get the tubes just the right color to keep the color of the jade from changing too much . I finally ended up using some black Rit dye then wiped most of it out and put a coat white paint which mixed with the black dye that was left to make a grey coating that hides the tubes well without changing the color too much .

bitshird

Butch that's a very nice Cigar, I hope you do a tutorial, but I'm now going to whine if you don't :crying: not that I ever get to turn any pens any more, but that looks like a great way to show off the wood or what ever material, I'm actually getting burnt out on the long clicks.

omb76

Awesome pen! Love the way it looks...go sit down until you figure out how to explain the process so I can make one too! :)

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I like it Butch! Very elegant. I agree with mickr, you do inspire others by sharing your work. Thanks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Transparent?

Thanks for the kind words everybody . I wish I could claim this one as part of kitlessdom (is that a word?....nope) but it is a Cigar kit just a little modified . This Alt Jade is Awesome stuff but it is verrrrry transparent . It took some time to get the tubes just the right color to keep the color of the jade from changing too much . I finally ended up using some black Rit dye then wiped most of it out and put a coat white paint which mixed with the black dye that was left to make a grey coating that hides the tubes well without changing the color too much .

Yes, transparent!!!

The best combo I have found (and I have TRIED many) is a white paint, with a little green mixed in, then green and light tan vertical streaks, very thin.

This combination seems to "peek out" just enough to look convincing.

The Alt Jade is really pretty in the rod, but we remove so much for today's pens. Make a cigar pen, they look cool. (even with brass color tubes)

Nice job on the design Butch!!

ldb2000

Yes, transparent!!!

The best combo I have found (and I have TRIED many) is a white paint, with a little green mixed in, then green and light tan vertical streaks, very thin.

This combination seems to "peek out" just enough to look convincing.

The Alt Jade is really pretty in the rod, but we remove so much for today's pens. Make a cigar pen, they look cool. (even with brass color tubes)

Nice job on the design Butch!!

Thanks Ed , and thanks for the tip ....Green ....DUH ...not sure where my head was , I never thought of using green . the Rit dye made the blank too dark but it left enough residue when it was cleaned out to just tint the white paint .

hewunch

Butch, that is really innovative. And while I don't much care for the long cigars, that is really a nice pen. Great job!

gad5264

AMAZING, this looks so elegant and definitely innovative. This pen will show off the greatest of blanks.

Add me to the list of can't wait to read the tutorial!!!

Top Bottom