Jade & Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

This was a days work---left over Jade pieces and Ivory.

Kit is a click in Black Ti From Arron over at Lau Lau Woodworks.

200856225410_jadeclick.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

I like the combination of Jade and Ivory. I'd like to try that kit. It looks like it could lend itself to a lot of design opportunities.

Gary Max

Thanks for all the kind words---this is the last of the Jade.
If I can sell a couple I will try to get more.
Oh --it's really a full days work to get just one pen---if you are in a hurry this ain't for you. I killed several pieces of Jade before I got this to work for me.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very nice work, Gary. Looking at the veining of the blank above and below the ivory band, is it all from the same Trustone blank or from two different blanks?

It has been quite a while since I have turned Trustone. How do you market these as to the composition of the blank?

Gary Max

How do I market these--------This is Jade and Ivory---price tag is oversized. This is my third Jade pen----hope to sell one of them someday soon.
Cav--- I am working on building up my high end stuff for some of my better fall shows.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Not to start a fight, but I think it is this:

Choose from 12 beautiful colors of Tru-Stone pen blanks. Now available in standard, super, and bottle stopper sizes, these stunning blanks are the perfect choice for premium grade projects where only the best will do. Made of pulverized semi-precious stone and natural pigments bound in resin- these blanks drill, turn and finish without melting, chipping or breaking.

gerryr

I agree with Cav, except for one thing. I don't believe RT Research says Tru Stone actually contains pulverized "semi-precious" stone, only pulverized stone. My wife has a fair amount of jade jewelry, inherited from grandparents who traveled to China before Mao and none of it looks anything at all like this. Anyone who knows anything about jade will recognize that it is neither jadeite nor nephrite.

altaciii

Gerry, I believe Cav was quoting CSUSA'S wording on their website and it does state that it is made of pulverized semi-precious stone. I know that those are just a marketing ploy but that's what I use when I sell them and I've never had anyone cry foul.

Top Bottom