Jade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Making this pen has been way to much fun. If you ever want to turn something that is HARD---this is the stuff. Jade
Pen is a Jr Statesman FP with a Gold nib----the only finish is a coat of TSW.
Hope you enjoy

2008312143643_dragonone.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

Very nicely done, looks great with that kit. Just curious what tool did use use for turning this? i'm guessing there was a lot of scraper work involved.

Chasper

Tell me more. This is natural jade, right? Not a PR composite. I've been trying to do something like that for a long time. I've destroyed a lot of malachite and jade trying to turn it. Did you use a standard wood lathe? Or was it turned on a metal or lapidary lathe?
Very good work, I know how hard that was because I've tried and failed.

Gary Max

Before this was done I had every lathe tool in my shop working on this. It really looked stupid having a mountain of tools to make one little pen.
How many hours---hummm---best answer is---this is the most expensive pen I have ever made.
Lunch is over and I gots to get back to work----I am turning a queen size bed and running out of time before my deadline.

gerryr

OK, someone has to ask. Is this natural Jade as in Jadeite or Nephrite or is it Tru Stone? Sorry but it does not look like natural Jade to me, although pictures can be deceiving.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gary, count me in with those curious about the source of your material. My wife loves jade, and I would like to make her something like this. Whatever you used, it definitely is a nice pen and you did a good job.

William “Cav†Cavanaugh
Susquehanna Valley, PA

2008312213433_Blowing%20Warm%20Air.jpg

LEAP

Cav,
Don't know how to break it to you buddy but that lady in the picture is not your wife, she passed away some years ago. You've got to face reality and move on. And this obsession with grammar and spelling it's obviously a manifestation of some deep seated issues you've been suppressing. Those medications the nice doctor gave you are for your own good.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by LEAP

Cav,
Don't know how to break it to you buddy but that lady in the picture is not your wife, she passed away some years ago. You've got to face reality and move on. And this obsession with grammar and spelling it's obviously a manifestation of some deep seated issues you've been suppressing. Those medications the nice doctor gave you are for your own good.

You'll be happy to know rumors of Cav's wife's demise have been grossly exaggerated. She is FINE (or so Cav has told me, no first hand experience) Of course, I mean that "hand" in a good way.

(I think Karl may be influencing my writing style):D:D:D:D

Top Bottom