Jack Special Order....hmmmm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from clapiana

clapiana

A gentlemen from TN comes over to my booth and sees the Jack Daniels blank I have on display. He asks 2 questions on a special order:

A) I love the burnt part of the blank will that also be on the pen?....hmmm, yes i can do that.

B) I love the smell from the Jack will that be possible to retain?....hmmm yes i can deliver on your 'intent'.

Made this "smitty jr gent" early this morning and plan on sending it to him today

;)

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 363
  • jackjrgent.jpg
    jackjrgent.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Nice job keeping the burnt part! How are you keeping the smell? I assume no finish? My guess is that it will dissipate with age anyway, won't it?

clapiana

glad you asked ;)

i spoke with the customer and we reached this agreement which met each of his intentions:

1 - i would 're-burn' the blank (i use my plumbing torch) in that the orig 'char' gets turned into saw dust.

2 - the smell also gets turned into saw dust but i would include in the case a piece of the original 'char' that has some smell. this is the piece which the pen is laying on in the picture. if the customer wishes they can resoak this 'char' piece in some jack and everytime they open the case they would smell it.

even if you leave the pen in a 'raw' state the smell is gone. maybe i could play with using curtis's chamber with some Jack 'juice' after i turned the barrels to size? hmmmmm

i find it is very helpful in my blanks display to keep a Jack blank in there vs a finished pen in that people can smell the blank which is easier for me to stear them towards a sale.

sorry not that great of a pic in that i am still playing with my iphone but i hope the above can help out some folks.

;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom