Jack Daniels Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from renowb

renowb

I made a slimlineline from Jimm1's Jack Daniels's barrel blanks. I used antique finish pen components from Woodturningz. Well, I put a shape of a barrel on the lower end. Now, my wife says it looks like a python swallered a rat! I have a few more blanks, probably go with the normal shape next time!:biggrin: Anyway, comments please....be gentle!:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_3867.JPG
    IMG_3867.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3868.JPG
    IMG_3868.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

I agree with your wife. Only the upper part of the pen looks good the lower is out of proportion and I was trying to figure out what you were trying to get across. Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, but sometimes we men need to listen to ladies. they have better eyes for things than you and I.

Drstrangefart

attachment.php

Here's a slimline I did with Padouak. I'm okay with shapes like that. I have large overdeveloped hands from years of landscaping for a living, and a shape like that makes a pem SO MUCH easier to write with. Your pen looks nice, and it's a pretty smooth idea.

Drstrangefart

I love the idea but I wonder if it would look better on the top without a clip and maybe burn lines to represent bands?
That's not too terrible of an idea there. As a fan of deleting clips, however you do end up with a pen that is DYING for any opportunity to roll off any surface you set it on and hit the floor, and that's like dropping your cell phone. Even if you can't see any damage you just KNOW it's there......

Top Bottom