Jack Daniels Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike8850

Mike8850

Made this from a blank I got from Jimm1.
It is the bright black cigar from Woodcraft with a Plexi finish
Comments welcome,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_4656.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 641
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike8850

Thanks for the comments.
I do most of my pens with Plexi and polish with MM.
The fumes from CA were starting to get to me plus I'm cheap.
You can make a lot of Plexi finish for only a few bucks.
Mike

ctubbs

Very good looking pen. The fit and finish is outstanding. The decal is well placed and wonderful. The plexi finish is something I will be looking into. Thanks.
Charles

Hillbilly

Great Idea, Beautiful pen
I've done several waterslide decals and I also copied and pasted them into photoshop. I've done Disney charactors and masonic signs and sold all of them. I would'nt worry about any copyright issues.

wizard

Mike, That is an outstanding pen! Seems nicer than any laser engraving!
Beautiful choice of materials, decal with the gloss black kit. Thank you for showing! Regards, Doc

Padre

As far as I know, most major companies are VERY protective of their trademarks, logos, etc. I would be very careful in using them for items that you are selling.

Giving stuff away is a different matter, but when you use their trademarks for selling stuff, you are crossing a line that they have firmly set in the sand.

Rmartin

As far as I know, most major companies are VERY protective of their trademarks, logos, etc. I would be very careful in using them for items that you are selling.

Giving stuff away is a different matter, but when you use their trademarks for selling stuff, you are crossing a line that they have firmly set in the sand.

I agree with you in most cases, but JD is sellimg these barrels to craftsmen. There must be some expectation on their part that items will be made promoting the fact that they are from JD.

Padre

Just like if I went to an NFL game, took my ticket home, made it into a pen and sold it. That's a no-no. And lots of craftspeople go to NFL games too. Or a college hoops game. Or put a Coca Cola wrapper on a pen.

I think we need to be careful of trademarks and respect the reason they are trade-marked.

Top Bottom