Jack Daniels Anyone?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from renowb

renowb

A couple of pics of a whiskey barrel slimline. Blanks from Jimm1. Several coats of ca. Used a different cut on this one. Comments appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4063.JPG
    IMG_4063.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4065.jpg
    IMG_4065.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Excellent blank, nice look - very different cool shape to it (how does it feel?)...

Two comments / constructive critism;
1) The shape may be uncomfortable near the nib. I think it would be excellent to keep that on the top barrel and something smoother on the bottom.
2) For something that unique (including the COA), you may not be happy with the longevity of that kit. A gunmetal kit may give you much better lifespan.

renowb

You are probably right. I did use an antique finish on one before this one. I am just trying different looks. Thanks for the feedback.

shawnmhill

I really like it. Nice components to compliment it too.

How has your CA finish held up? When I finished mine, it still smelled like booze and didn't like my finish too much. I had to sand all way back down and dry for a few days before trying again.

renowb

The ca seems to be working fine...for now. It was fun to make. Heck, I need a drink! :biggrin:

I really like it. Nice components to compliment it too.

How has your CA finish held up? When I finished mine, it still smelled like booze and didn't like my finish too much. I had to sand all way back down and dry for a few days before trying again.

bitshird

I agree with Peter, I like the shape at the waist, sometimes the flared grip above the nib is uncomfortable though, particularly worth a sharp angle at the top of the flair.

steeler fan1

Very nice job. I like the shape, I assume to represent a barrel with bands. I wonder if instead of turning the raised band section you segmented a contrasting material to simulate the bands? I've got a couple JD blanks to turn, I might try to incorporate a barrel band effect.

Carl

Top Bottom