Ivory Tusk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Well after vacuuming, ironing,dusting,making the bed and packing for our trip I finally finished all the honey do's and got around to finishing this. Man is that woman a slave driver:wink:. As always all comments appricated.

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Roy, that is one sweet looking pen. Would have never thought something as ugly as that tusk would turn out that good looking.

wizard

Roy, That is one beautiful pen !!! You must have blown through the list of "honey do's". So where did you find the dental hygienist on Sunday to polish the pen ? :wink: Kidding aside, it's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Have a safe trip and a successful show! Regards, Doc

wiset1

Roy, that is one SWEET pen! After all that work it's nice to get into the shop and make something special. If you could be in the shop all of the time it wouldn't have the same meaning right...

OKLAHOMAN

I MM'ed to 12000 and it shined like a new born baby's butt but on Ivory I like then to seal it in CA so I applied 7 coast of thin and one coat of Medium them MM'ed to 12000 again, applied #3 Novus scratch remover, buffed,#2 Novus Scratch remover buffed and then plastic polish. It's now so slippery you have to be careful holding it:wink::rolleyes::biggrin:

IMG_2484.jpg
Pretty pen ya got there Roy. What did ya use for a finish anything or did you just polish it up nice?

IPD_Mrs

WOW Roy - I'm really very IMPRESSED Diane is one HECK of a trainer :wink::rolleyes::tongue:. Do you think she would let me borry you for a lil bit???????????????

All of those "honey do's" done and still time to turn a hunk of tusk into that BEAUTIFUL piece of ART!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I hope the show is fruitful and you come out way ahead of costs etc. Try to have a bit of fun while you are out there too. Remember to run away from anything that slithers and rattles:eek:.

Linda

drgoretex

Only one possible response to that pen: WOW!!!! :eek::eek:

That is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful bit of work there..

Ken

hilltopper46

Nice pen. I have some mammoth ivory glued up waiting for me to work up the nerve to turn it.

What does your shop smell like after turning that? After cutting and drilling the mammoth ivory, mine smelled like a dentists office that had just drilled one badly infected cavity.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Someone should've told Pumba to clean his teeth more often and maybe he wouldn't have ended up being part of a pen so soon:biggrin:

PenPal

Roy,

I had this thought besides raving about your acheivement. Why not approach the owners and Directors of Hogs Breath enterprises could be a certain series of sales especially if you show them before and after as you have for us.

Sincere good wishes on your way.

Kind regards Peter.

Arcadia

That is really a gorgeous pen. It sure turned out nice. I have some preban ivory that is going on some knife handles and NOW, a pen. That won't happen for a long time though.

Pat

Top Bottom