ivory renshape pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

A new color of renshape tooling board. I love this stuff. I will try a nickel kit the next time and I think this will take on a vintage look. I have a laser engraver and I think some laser "scrimshaw" will really make a great look.

Rich

200410272016_ivory_renshape.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Rich,

I liked the other colors, but this one really speaks to me! So where does one pick up some of this renshape? Is it translucent like the green? Or is it pretty opaque? Very nice pen, BTW! Be sure to let us know how it takes to lasering.

Scott.

low_48

Ren Shape is a complete line of rigid manmade board that is used by modelmakers(me),patternmakers, and tool and die makers. It comes in densities that you can dent with your fingernail to something nearing aluminum. Some tool makers actually make short run metal stamping dies with the high density stuff. The best place for us to get it is at a patternmaking shop. It is so expensive that they hate to throw away even the smallest pieces, but seem to be willing to let some go for the promise of a pen coming back. Most shops around here only use the red and a little green. I got the small ivory piece from the sales rep who stopped by. Of course he went home with the red and green pen I had shown on here earlier, wink wink, nudge, nudge!! Keeps the sample chain running! I'll look into a group purchase if others are interested.

I have a Universal Laser 25 watt machine, 12x24 bed, in the basement. It's right beside the 4'x8' CNC router. You know you are addicted to machines when .............

Rich

Fred in NC

CNC ... one of these days ! I have been looking at small CNC mills with 4 axis capability. The 4th one is a rotary table.
Lots of money for one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom