Ivory Over Olivewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VirgilJ

VirgilJ

A bit ago I was looking for imitation Ivory to use to salvage a nice piece of Olivewood. After a bunch of good suggestions I found exactly what I was looking for at Exotic Blanks.
This is the result.

Attachments

• Jr Statesman FP Ivory-Olivewood Small.jpg
    Jr Statesman FP Ivory-Olivewood Small.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A bit ago I was looking for imitation Ivory to use to salvage a nice piece of Olivewood. After a bunch of good suggestions I found exactly what I was looking for at Exotic Blanks.
This is the result.
You did good....I wonder if a nice piece of Holly wouldn't have worked too.

VirgilJ

This one was the result of a screw up. When I turned the cap for this pen the Olive wood must of had a crack in it I didn't see and it self destructed . There wasn't much chance of finding another piece of Olive wood to match so I used the Ivory. To my surprise I really like the look. In fact I've ordered some solid black blanks to mix with a smoke colored body on another pen.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This one was the result of a screw up. When I turned the cap for this pen the Olive wood must of had a crack in it I didn't see and it self destructed . There wasn't much chance of finding another piece of Olive wood to match so I used the Ivory. To my surprise I really like the look. In fact I've ordered some solid black blanks to mix with a smoke colored body on another pen.
I assumed that...having several two tone pens where the same thing happened to me.

Top Bottom