Ivory 'n Onyx

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well something new again for me,

An alternate ivory pen, double solid end's with black onyx cabochons and a recessed clip. The hardware is a black titanium Baron with a 14K PenWorks nib. I made a sample one a few weeks ago but refined my shape and made this one last week.

IMG_9038.jpg

This is easly the hardest pen I have worked on or ever made....

IMG_9039.jpg

Critiques welcomed please:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

that's absolutely beautiful Jim. one can tell how much time and effort was put into this pen. well thought out, well executed and i bet it writes like a dream. i really like what you're doing with the baron kits. i was just looking at some "professional" fountain pens on another site(just for fun) and if i were in the market for one, i would DEFINITELY want this one over any of the multiple hundred dollar ones i saw on those sites. just and idea of what you could potentially sell this one for. but, i'd have to keep this one if i made it! [:D]

GREAT job.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a 12! Nice shape, great workmanship, love the whole concept. Now please excuse me while I go turn green with envy.[:D]

LEAP

WOW, That is SWEET! Now I'm twice as sorry I did not have a chance to drop by. I would love to see your work in person. Its great to see people working outside the kit.

LanceD

Wonderful job Jim. I like the way the cap came out with the hidden clip. What size cabs are you using ? I use the 8mm but the ones you are using looks to be a little larger, maybe a 10mm ?

Originally posted by LanceD
<br />Wonderful job Jim. I like the way the cap came out with the hidden clip. What size cabs are you using ? I use the 8mm but the ones you are using looks to be a little larger, maybe a 10mm ?

Thanks Lance,

You started me on FireMountain Gems...[8D]

10 mm on the pen, 12 mm on the cap....

johncrane

Fantastic work Jim!! as always with this pen did you go with the flow on this one or was it a planed out shape.also Jim when you buy the cabochons do they come finished or are they supplied unfinished,also l love your recessed clip looks great all the extra work has really payed off its a real Beauty Jim! [:D]

Originally posted by ahoiberg
<br />that's absolutely beautiful Jim. one can tell how much time and effort was put into this pen. well thought out, well executed and i bet it writes like a dream. i really like what you're doing with the baron kits. i was just looking at some "professional" fountain pens on another site(just for fun) and if i were in the market for one, i would DEFINITELY want this one over any of the multiple hundred dollar ones i saw on those sites. just and idea of what you could potentially sell this one for. but, i'd have to keep this one if i made it! [:D]

GREAT job.

Thanks Andrew,

Yeah I'm keeping this one...[:D]

Originally posted by emtmike
<br />That is sweet. Would it be rude to ask what you would charge for a pen like this? If so ........forgive me....[:I]

I am flattered you would ask, but the value in this one for me is not in money...Did I just say that?[:0]

I want to thank all of you for your kind responses...I was hoping it wasn't just me who thought it was special...it really got my pulse going, especially while I set the clip...talk about nerves![:)]

Answering a question: The cabochons are indeed finished.

Thumbs

Jim, This is another magnificient piece. I just went back and reviewed your "Black Turquoise", and I cannot say which I would choose were they for sale at any price I could manage! LOL! [:p] They certainly seem like they should be worth the highest premium imaginable! Congratulations!

Jim,
gratifying when it comes out right, huh? Very nice and well worth the effort I am sure. A few photos and description of how it was done is in line.

Originally posted by oobak
<br />

Jim,
gratifying when it comes out right, huh? Very nice and well worth the effort I am sure. A few photos and description of how it was done is in line.

Thanks Glenn,

I may collect pictures and post them the next time I make one..[;)]

rtgleck

I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said, That is a wonderful pen that you should be highly proud of. The Execution, planning and finish is just wonderful, you did a great job.

Originally posted by rtgleck
<br />I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said, That is a wonderful pen that you should be highly proud of. The Execution, planning and finish is just wonderful, you did a great job.

Thanks Randy ..I am quite proud of this one,

AGAIN a very heart felt thanks to those of you who have posted and emailed..[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom