Ivory Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here is a solid ivory rhodium with 22k gold Emperor fountain pen I did alittle while ago. Just happen to come across a photo tonight and thought I'd show it off. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• DSCN5588.JPG
    DSCN5588.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 444
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
VERY NICE! I have some Alaska moose horn and two Jr. Emperors that are intended for our 40 anniversary next year. Supposedly, Hopefully, they will look like that!

dntrost

Very Rich looking. Is this real ivory assuming from your post it is. From what I understand ebay has banned selling ivory. I guess you can still buy on internet. Again great looking pen

Rifleman1776

Very Rich looking. Is this real ivory assuming from your post it is. From what I understand ebay has banned selling ivory. I guess you can still buy on internet. Again great looking pen

The folks at eBay are very liberal, anti almost everything. Their decision was based on the false fear that elephants are endangered. Much ivory is still legal to sell. Without getting too complex, it is called 'estate ivory'.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the pen. Perfect and elegant. Beautiful.

Last edited:

Rarest wood

very classy

lovely pen and a lovely material to work have used a lot in inlay. Yes elephants are not endangered at all, ebay however is being churlish as always. well done! that man :beer:(assuming your a bloke if not well done anyway)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I don't think it's because Elephants are endagered, Frank, but rather that poachers are killing elephants just for the ivory...Much like the practise of killing Kodiak Grizzly bears for their gall bladders...quite reprehensible, in my mind...

Pre-ban ivory is already out there, however, and the damage is already done, so no sense wasting it - as long as it's not NEW ivory, I love it! That pen is gorgeous...looks a lot like the imitation ivory that Ed sells...does it amber over time?

toolcrazy

Gorgeous pen. I have a Jr. Emperor I need to come up with a blank for. Can't decide black or white. Alt Ivory or African Blackwood.

mrburls

Ivory Pen

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Yes Dion it is the real thing. I bought it on ebay about two years ago when I could afford to even think about it. I got lucky buying this piece of ivory because it was listed wrong. I finally got up enough nerve to turn it hoping I would'nt mess it up. Drilled blank on my bridgeport with a cooler blowing over the blank as not to over heat it.

Charles, don't know if it ambered over time. Sold it almost as soon as it came off the lathe. It would have been one to keep though.

Thanks all, Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom