IVORY!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from garypeck

garypeck

Nah..... only kidding..... this is the whitest holly i have seen from Travis....(actually, the only holly i have turned so far....)

Stretch Kit - Rhodium Plating....... From Lou

All comments welcome..... good and bad......

IMG_0009.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Hey Gary,

What'd you finish it with? I've finished bird houses of holly with EEE and friction, they darken the wood too much for me.

Spray lacquer?

Dale

YORKGUM

Wow, never thought I'd like a white pen but that's awesome. I did find a place that sells Ivory and Mastadon. I'm considering doing a pen, 1/2 wood and 1/2 ivory/tusk.

bad

Gary, who did you say you got the wood from? The reason I'm asking is I need to make a pen for the daughter of some friends of ours for her Bat Mitzva (not sure if I spelled that correctly). Anyway, I'm told that the traditional Jewish colours are blue and white. I'm thinking of making a white pen and having it laser engraved with the Star of David in blue. I'm just wondering where I can buy a couple of those very white blanks.

garypeck

Gary, who did you say you got the wood from? The reason I'm asking is I need to make a pen for the daughter of some friends of ours for her Bat Mitzva (not sure if I spelled that correctly). Anyway, I'm told that the traditional Jewish colours are blue and white. I'm thinking of making a white pen and having it laser engraved with the Star of David in blue. I'm just wondering where I can buy a couple of those very white blanks.

these blanks are readily available here..... i think there are a few forumers selling them.....

garypeck

I kinda like the Stretch kit and the Zen Kit..... but i know not many here like them.....I think they are easier to make as its only one barrel..... you dont have to align the cap to match the body.....

With the long body..... lesser wastage as well.....

Oh well..... just my take on the kit....

And thanks for all the nice comments.....

But seriously.... looking at it.... is there anything that can be improved on???

Top Bottom