I've been busy with a few flag pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

Enjoy. Comments welcome..good, bad, or indifferent. Laser inlay kits from http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com
The sunflower is not a flag kit...just a pot of sunflowers...Ken's newest kit.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 174
  • us flag gent.jpg
    us flag gent.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 210
  • sunflower sierra.jpg
    sunflower sierra.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Looking good! I hadn't seen one for a Zen before. I think I like it. Now what flag is the sun flower from? I really like that one.

its_virgil

Thanks Lyle. thanks also for the PM...taken care of...looks much better.They are going in the instant gallery at Turn On! Chicago 2010 symposium this weekend. I hope I come home with a fatter wallet and skinnier pen case.

Thanks also Lou. I appreciate you comments as well as the other who posted.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Fantastic looking group of pens, Don!

wizard

Beautiful set of pens! My favorites are the Gent and the flower pen.
I have tried two of the Stars and Stripes kits and can never seem to get the stars far enough down in the upper blank to able to be able to turn the blank without turning through a few of the stars. I got the kits from Woodcraft. If you know of a tutorial for those pens, I would appreciate if you could point me towards it.
You did a beautiful job on all the pens !!!
Doc

its_virgil

The only tutorials I know of on the stars and stripes pen were done using kits from http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com and I'm pretty sure Ken (kallenshaanwoods) does not supply them to Woodcraft...but I could be mistaken. The ones I see at my local woodcraft stores are not Ken's kits. I have made several of Ken's stars and stripes kits and have had no problems at all. I can't comment on others' stars and stripes kits. Check the library for a series of videos by Ed Davidson outlining how he makes the stars and stripes pens from the kits by kallenshaan woods.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Beautiful set of pens! My favorites are the Gent and the flower pen.
I have tried two of the Stars and Stripes kits and can never seem to get the stars far enough down in the upper blank to able to be able to turn the blank without turning through a few of the stars. I got the kits from Woodcraft. If you know of a tutorial for those pens, I would appreciate if you could point me towards it.
You did a beautiful job on all the pens !!!
Doc

Last edited:
Top Bottom