It's not worthless anymore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is for a friend at work, the wood is buckeye burl that was given to me by John (desartrat) it has been stabilized then cast in clear Alumilite to fill the voids. The tubes were painted dark blue then backed with white. It has 10 coats of thin CA that has been sanded to 1000 then MM to 12,000. The Kit is a CSUSA chrome long click.
Any Comments Welcome, Thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

• long click 004_edited-1.jpg
    long click 004_edited-1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 304
  • long click 005_edited-1.jpg
    long click 005_edited-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 216
  • long click 013_edited-1.jpg
    long click 013_edited-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Man. You all have the finish thing down pat. Mine doesn't look near that good.

I gotta work on my finishing... Nicely Done.

This is for a friend at work, the wood is buckeye burl that was given to me by John (desartrat) it has been stabilized then cast in clear Alumilite to fill the voids. The tubes were painted dark blue then backed with white. It has 10 coats of thin CA that has been sanded to 1000 then MM to 12,000. The Kit is a CSUSA chrome long click.
Any Comments Welcome, Thanks for looking. :)
after the CA you sand some more? The do you buff or anything? Can you give us a step by step detail, because like the others. I have got to work on my finish! That is exactly the way I want my pens to look!!!!!!! Jim

Rfturner

That is a great looking pen I love the dark Blue

Sweet pens. Where did you get that pen holder?

He got it from a broken Rocking horse figurine, I too have wondered the same thing I want something similar, for now I have to settle for a granite tile piece

Top Bottom