Not open for further replies.

Dario

Yep, it is indeed a COW - California Olive Wood. :D

2005823185516_P1080710a.jpg

2005823185539_P1080712a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Billy,

The only COW I sold (if I remember it right) are sapwood. I can't mill the logs I have since they gum up the bandsaw blade fast! They sure smell good while milling thought [:D]. The rest were given away...and yes I normally don't dispose the better pieces as giveaways. [;)]

I am waiting until I get a bigger and better bandsaw before I mill the 3 logs I have left.

Dario

Vick, The pictures are just quickies (yeah I know) but what helped me a lot is the natural daylight. My camera really cannot take good ones no matter how I set it. I did learn that the white balancing inproves the night shots but still has a lot to be desired and not comparable to those taken with natural light.

Jim, The finish on this pen is actually more on matte rather than gloss. I intentionally did so because I want the natural oils of Olivewood to take over time. Hoping it will give the pen much more character as it age. I was told to expect it to darken with use.

Billy, I can't find the posting now but I know I mentioned it there that those are just olivewood sapwood. I only sold 2 lots actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom