It's been a while, but here's a new one in the "Bugz" line!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johnspensandmore

Hello all!

I haven't been doing much in the shop, but I have been checking the forums regularly. There sure have been some great pens posted!

Anyways, I finally have been back in the shop turning out scorpion pens/blanks and other stuff, so here's one of the latest. This little booger was hiding under a log and was perfect size, so into the resin he went!

What do you think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

These suckers are super-hard to work with! He is cast in polyester resin against a dissolved rubber background and turned super thin! There isn't but a paper-thin layer of resin between the critter and your fingers!

Y'all keep up the great work!

Attachments

• crawler01.jpg
    crawler01.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 789
  • crawler02.jpg
    crawler02.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 791
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

S.A.Mappin

These pens crack me up... I can hear it now , the "oooooohhh"s
I saw the other day at a shop in Gatlinburg, candy and chocolate coated bugs. They had suckers with various creepy crawlys.

Timebandit

The big Question.......Did you cast this little guy alive:eek:........or did you have some humane way of dispensing him before casting that would not damage his body?

You wouldn't want to work with one of these suckers while it's alive! I grabbed him with tongs and made him walk the plank into some denatured alcohol.

The big Question.......Did you cast this little guy alive:eek:........or did you have some humane way of dispensing him before casting that would not damage his body?

MartinPens

Creepy with a capital K! Somehow I got this picture of bug guts flying about while turning. No thanks. Nice work though! My 11 year old son thinks its super cool. Great job.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Alexanderpens

I understand if it's a trade secret, but do you somehow dehydrate the critters before casting them? I've always heard that water will mess up a cast, but then again, I've never tested it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom