It's been awhile...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from C. Scott

C. Scott

I had to take a hiatus from turning after we moved a couple of years ago as I lost my garage/shop with our "new to us" place. Late last year after new siding and windows and a new kitchen a new septic system, fence etc. I told my wife I gotta turn a pen cause I think I forgot how! Well it is like riding a bike isn't it! So I made a dozen or so for Christmas gifts. Now my Jet is turning again. Not as often as I'd like but enough to "fill the square".

I want to thank those whose examples of a celtic knot and the many tutorials gave me the "short cut" to success. The IAP is really a special place. I like to think that I helped some new turners on the site, but I've been the one who has learned the most from the ones here. Guys like Bruce Boone, SkipRat and Eagle and many others make me want to try something new in pen making.

Anyway, enough of that. Here's my first of hopefully many celtic knots. Honestly I used to think they were no big deal. I WAS WRONG. Now my wife and kids all want their own! I'm not pleased with the finish at all. The CA was going bad... got order some from Ed.
And please look past the finger prints as the pics were taken hastily.

The segmenting is some aluminum flashing and red oak shavings from my block plane.

Attachments

• PICT4827-resized.jpg
    PICT4827-resized.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 247
  • PICT4828-resized.jpg
    PICT4828-resized.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Nice result to have jumped back in with! I like the idea about plane shavings as well. I've got a couple bigger hand planes that peel smoothly and evenly so that gives me an idea...

Great job!

Top Bottom